The UAE government has recently implemented recent changes to the UAE Standard Work Visa, aiming to enhance the work experience for foreign workers and reduce the financial burden on employers and companies in the UAE. These changes were approved by the UAE’s Federal National Council (FNC) and are expected to positively impact the job market. Let us take a closer look at the key updates regarding the UAE Standard Work Visa for 2023.
Extension of Visa Duration
One significant change in the UAE Standard Work Visa is the extension of its duration from two years to three years. This means that foreign workers can now live and work in the UAE for a longer period without frequent visa renewals. The extended duration aims to provide more stability and convenience for both employees and employers.
Work Permit Fees Waived for Job Changes
Under the new regulations, employees in the UAE are exempted from paying the work permit fee when switching jobs. This change eases the process of exploring new opportunities and reduces the financial burden. The key phrase in this paragraph is “work permit fee”.
Minimum One-Year Employment Requirement
Another notable change is the introduction of a minimum one-year employment requirement following the probation period. This requirement ensures that employees fulfill their contractual obligations and maintain stability in their work relationships. After completing the probation period, employees are expected to commit to their employer for at least one year before seeking alternative employment.
Benefits of Working in the UAE
Working in the UAE offers numerous advantages for foreign workers. Some of the key benefits include:
- Tax-Free Income: In the UAE, employees enjoy a tax-free system, receiving their full salary without income tax deductions.
- Free Accommodation: In the UAE, numerous companies offer free accommodation to employees, relieving the expenses of renting or buying property.
- Meal Allowances: Certain employers offer employees one-time or regular free meal allowances, ensuring access to quality food during work hours.
- Employer-Paid Work Permit Fees: Employers bear the costs of the work permit, relieving employees from this financial responsibility.
- Travel Benefits: Companies like Emirates, Emaraat, Jumeirah Group, and others offer annual return airfare for employees to visit home.
How to Apply for the UAE Standard Work Visa in 2023
To apply for the UAE Standard Work Visa, follow these steps:
- Job Offer Letter: Obtain a job offer letter from a UAE employer specifying job details, contract duration, and terms.
- Employer’s Application: After accepting the job offer, the employer starts the online work permit application process through the MoHRE platform.
- Approval Process: The MoHRE reviews employer-submitted documents to assess eligibility and ensure compliance with UAE labor laws.
- Work Permit Issuance: Upon approval, the employee will receive the work permit, typically within two weeks.
- Visa Application: The employer applies for the UAE work visa, submitting documents to GDRFAD on behalf of the employee.
- E-Visa Issuance: Upon visa approval, the employee receives an E-Visa via email for travel to the UAE.
Emirates ID Application
Upon arrival in the UAE, it is mandatory for individuals to apply for an Emirates ID, also known as a residency permit. The Emirates ID serves as an official identification document and allows individuals to access various services in the country, such as opening bank accounts and signing rental agreements. It is recommended to apply for the Emirates ID as soon as possible after arriving in the UAE to ensure a smooth transition and compliance with local regulations.
Eligibility Criteria for Employees
To be eligible for the UAE Standard Work Visa, employees must meet certain criteria, including:
- Being at least 18 years old
- genuine job offer from a UAE employer
- must agree to the terms and conditions of employment.
- Complying with UAE laws and regulations
For More About UAE Visa Information https://eservices.mohre.gov.ae/tasheelweb
Click the link for Information and Services: https://u.ae/en#/
Govt of Dubai Official Link: https://www.gdrfad.gov.ae/ar
These websites provide valuable information, job listings, and application processes for international applicants seeking employment opportunities in the UAE.
Eligibility Criteria for Employers
Employers must also meet specific requirements to sponsor employees for the UAE Standard Work Visa. These include:
- Registering their company with the UAE government
- Having no outstanding violations or penalties related to labor laws
Required Documents for UAE Work Visa Application
To apply for the UAE Standard Work Visa, employees typically need to submit the following documents:
- Original passport and a copy
- Passport-sized photographs
- Copies of educational qualifications
- Work permit application fees (to be paid by the employer)
Finding Jobs in Dubai
There are various resources available for individuals seeking job opportunities in Dubai. These include:
- Recruitment agencies: Many recruitment agencies specialize in matching job seekers with suitable positions in Dubai. They can provide valuable guidance and support throughout the job search process.
- Advertisements and news: Checking job advertisements in newspapers, magazines, and online portals can help identify vacant positions in Dubai.
- Online job portals: Dedicated online job portals actively advertise job vacancies in Dubai through numerous websites and platforms. Job seekers can create profiles, upload their resumes, and apply for relevant positions directly through these portals.
In conclusion, the UAE Standard Work Visa has undergone significant updates for 2023, including an extension of the visa duration to three years, a waiver of work permit fees for job changes, and a minimum one-year employment requirement. These changes aim to enhance the work experience for foreign workers and reduce financial burdens on employers. Meet the criteria, follow the steps, apply for UAE Standard Work Visa, and enjoy working in the UAE.